Friday, April 30, 2010

Sourdough Mead Bread

So this morning I decided I would try that sourdough mead bread idea I had the other day while writing up the recipe for mead.  In the end I got a rather mild tasting sourdough with just a hint of mead flavor.  It didn't puff up like you would expect sourdoughs to do but that's probably because I cheated.  I ended up with a crumb that was basically the same consistency as white bread from the store.

    Making Mead Sourdough Bread:
  • I added about a cup of my Goop to a metal bowl.  Should you be lacking in goop feel free to use the sourdough starter sitting in the back of your fridge.
  • I added about 3 cups of a brown/white flour mix.
  • I added about a cup and a half of warm mead.  I didn't actually boil the alcohol off, I just warmed it up.
  • I added about a tsp of yeast.
  • I stirred the bajezus out of it.
  • I put it into a warm oven for about 6 hours to hang out.
  • I took it out of its nice warm oven.
  • I kneaded it for about 10 minutes. It was the nicest feeling dough I've ever made.
  • I put my blob of dough back into the oven.
  • I waited about 2 hours.
  • I beat it up some and put it into a bread pan.
  • I waited about an hour.
  • I took it out of the oven.
  • I preheated my oven to 350.
  • I painted on some mead to make my crust crispy.
  • I sprinkled some 7 grain mix onto the crust.
  • I put the bread into the now hot oven.
  • I walked away for 45 minutes.
  • I took it out and took a fancy picture.
  • I put a quarter of my mead sourdough bread directly into my belly.
  • I put a quarter of my mead sourdough bread directly into my wives belly. OK she did this part on her own.
  • I gave half of my mead sourdough to my mom because mothers day is coming up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2009Bread From Goop | by TNB